Documents posted here are Public Notices and Notices of Availability related to the potential environmental impacts of NRCS federal actions in California. The NRCS publishes these environmental documents pursuant to Section 102[c] of the National Environmental Policy Act.
Environmental Compliance Notices
Documents posted here are Public Notices and Notices of Availability related to the potential environmental impacts of NRCS federal actions in California. The NRCS publishes these environmental documents pursuant to Section 102[c] of the National Environmental Policy Act, the Council on Environmental Quality [40 CFR Part 1500], and the Natural Resources Conservation Service Regulations [7 CFR Part 650].
For additional information regarding these notices contact Jennifer Cavanaugh, Environmental Compliance Coordinator, Jennifer.Cavanaugh@usda.gov, (530) 792-5632.
List of Notices
Public Notice Announcing Scoping Meeting Tulelake Irrigation District Infrastructure Improvements
- The United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS) in California, with assistance from Farmers Conservation Alliance and in cooperation with the Tulelake Irrigation District as the project sponsor, is considering improvements to aging irrigation, drainage, conveyance, and control infrastructure utilized or operated by Tulelake Irrigation District to manage water. Improvements under consideration may be partially funded through the Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act of 1954 (PL 83-566) and will address improving Agricultural Water Management by improving water management operations, increasing energy efficiency on District infrastructure, and conserving water along District infrastructure.
The proposed project is in Modoc and Siskiyou counties, California and Klamath County, Oregon. The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the Council on Environmental Quality’s regulations at 40 CFR Parts 1500-1508 require an evaluation of potential environmental impacts associated with federal projects and actions with input from the public. You are invited to attend a public scoping open house where your input is requested. The range of resource issues and conceptual alternatives addressing system improvements to Tulelake Irrigation District will be presented and discussed.
Public Scoping Open House, Date: February 8, 2023, Time: 1:00 P.M. Location: UC Davis Intermountain Research and Extension Center (2816 Havlina Rd., Tulelake, CA 96134)f. The meeting will be recorded and posted to https://tulelakewatershedplan.com afterward. The meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made at least 48 hours before the meeting to Aliza McHugh, (541) 716-6085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments may be submitted during the public scoping period starting January 24, 2023 and ending on March 8, 2023. Comments may be emailed to email@example.com, submitted online at https://tulelakewatershedplan.com, voicemail at Farmers Conservation Alliance’s office number (541) 716-6085 or mailed to: Farmers Conservation Alliance, Tulelake Watershed Plan, 102 State Street, Hood River, OR 97031. Additional information is available online at https://tulelakewatershedplan.com.
Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for the McGriff Lakes-Sutter Basin Watershed Flood Control and Flood Safety Project Sutter County, California
- The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) California State Office announces its intent to prepare an EIS for the McGriff Lakes—Sutter Basin Watershed Flood Control and Flood Safety Project, which is located approximately 30 miles northwest of Sacramento in the proximity of Knights Landing, California. NRCS is requesting comments to identify significant issues and alternatives to be addressed in the EIS from all interested individuals, Tribes, and Federal, State and local Agencies and jurisdictions. Dates: We will consider comments that we receive within 30 days after date of publication of this notice in the Federal Register. Comments received after 30 days will be considered to the extent possible. Publication Date: 12/14/2022. Listing on the Federal Register.
Request for Permission to Alter a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Project Under Section 408
- Merced County Black Rascal Creek Basin Detention Basin (19643) Public Notice Comment Period: Begins: December 6, 2022, Ends: January 4, 2023.
In compliance with U.S.C, Title 33, Chapter 9, Subchapter 1, Section 408, Merced County (requester) has requested permission through the Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB; non-federal sponsor of the federally authorized project) from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) to alter the Merced County Stream Group, an existing federal flood risk management project, authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1917.
John Schoonover | Jacobs | Manager of Projects
(530) 229-3305 or (530) 921-0742, John.Schoonover@jacobs.com
Nov. 18, 2022 - Easement Boundary Modification, Ochoa Property Conservation Easement Yolo County for a Habitat Improvement Project
July 7, 2022 - Public Comments Meeting for the Draft Environmental Assessment for the Salton Sea Management Program 10-Year Plan
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has prepared the Draft Environmental Assessment to analyze and disclose the effects of implementing the Salton Sea Management Program. Stakeholders are invited to provide official comments that will help shape which projects are implemented, what community amenities are included, how potential environmental effects are addressed, and proposed alternatives. Join Zoom for the Public comments meeting for the Draft Environmental Assessment for the Salton Sea Management Program 10-Year Plan. Start: Thu 7 Jul 2022, 1:00 PM End: Thu 7 Jul 2022, 3:00 PM
July 2, 2020 – Tulare County Public Scoping Meeting, Lower Deer Creek Watershed Plan
- Lower Deer Creek Public Meeting Announcement
Explanation: Thursday, July 16, 2020 - Pixley Irrigation District to host public meeting regarding the watershed plan, environmental assessment and Initial Study for the Lower Deer Creek Watershed. Opportunity to participate in-person as well as a livestream online via Microsoft Zoom.
Oct. 4, 2018 - Kings County Easement Boundary Modification, Nederend Property Wetland Reserve Program (WRP)
Feb. 24, 2017 - San Joaquin County Easement Boundary Modification, Empire Island Farming Company, LLC