The bi-monthly Conservation Outcomes Webinar Series provides key findings, data, and tools to support producers and partners in pursuing voluntary conservation efforts across the nation's working lands.
Access Conservation Outcomes Webinars
The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) hosts one-hour virtual webinars during even-numbered months. These webinars feature scientists and other subject matter experts speaking on a diversity of topics related to voluntary conservation efforts on working lands.
You may subscribe to receive emails with information on upcoming Conservation Outcomes Webinars. Enter your email address here, then select the "Conservation Outcomes" topic under Conservation.
Forest Management and Water Yield: Tool Development and Synthesis of Outcomes for Embedded Wetlands
Wetlands provide a suite of ecosystem services, including fish and wildlife habitat, microclimate regulation, nutrient and sediment capture and storage, water storage to reduce flooding, and carbon storage with resulting benefits for climate change mitigation. The scope of these services may be significantly affected by surrounding land cover, including variations in forest density and canopy leaf area.
On April 27 at 1:00 p.m. eastern, Dr. Esther Lee and Dr. Katie Glodzik from the University of Florida School of Forest, Fisheries, and Geomatic Sciences will present recent findings on the influence of upland forest management on wetland and landscape-scale hydrologic functions and associated ecosystem services. Findings may be used to inform management practices that increase water yield, improve wetland functions, and support targeted wetlands restoration efforts in the future. While the focus of this presentation is on geographically isolated wetlands in Coastal Plain pine forests, trends may be leveraged to inform management of a diversity of wetlands landscapes.
No registration is required. You may access the webinar via Microsoft Teams shortly before 1:00 p.m. eastern on April 27 by clicking "Join April 27 Webinar," below. Please note, users on smartphones may need to download Microsoft Teams in advance.
You may also join via audio only:
Phone Number: 202-650-0123
Phone Conference ID: 329 641 614#
February 23 Conservation Outcomes Webinar Resources
You may download the below resources associated with the February 23 webinar, Sustaining Southeastern Forests: The Economic and Water Use Impacts of Privately-Owned Pine Woodlands and Restored Longleaf Pine Forests.
- Webinar Recording: This YouTube video provides direct access to the recorded live webinar.
- Presentation Slides: This document includes presentation slides from the webinar as prepared by Chambers English.
- Additional Resources One-Pager: This document includes additional resources from NRCS, the U.S. Forest Service, and partner-led efforts such as the America's Longleaf Restoration Initiative as referenced in the webinar.
Recordings of all past webinars and associated resources are available below. Past webinars are also available by conservation area of focus on the Conservation Effects Assessment Project Publications webpage.
- February 23, 2023 – Sustaining Southeastern Forests: The Economic and Water Use Impacts of Privately-Owned Pine Woodlands and Restored Longleaf Pine Forests: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- December 8, 2022 – Reducing Woody Encroachment to Conserve Rangeland Production in the Great Plains: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- October 27, 2022 – Addressing Water Quality Outcomes Through Nutrient and Water Management: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation with Citations, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- August 25, 2022 – Impact of Cover Crops on Nitrogen and Phosphorus Dynamics: Webinar Recording, Presentation Slides, and Transcript
- June 23, 2022 – Science Informs Managing Working Lands for Lesser Prairie-Chickens: Webinar Recording, Presentation Slides, and Transcript
- April 28, 2022 – Conservation Practices on Cultivated Cropland: A Comparison of CEAP I and CEAP II Survey Data and Modeling: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- February 24, 2022 – What New Mexico Meadow Jumping Mice Tell Us About Functional Riparian Ecosystems: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- November 18, 2021 – A Decade of Science Support in the Sagebrush Biome: Webinar Recordings and Presentation Slides
- September 23, 2021 – CEAP Science Informs Shrubland Bird Conservation in Eastern Forests: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- July 22, 2021 – Pollinator Response to NRCS Pollinator Practices: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- May 27, 2021 – When it Rains, it Pours: Conservation Considerations for Resiliency in a Changing Climate: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- April 29, 2021 – NRCS Conservation Practices Delivering Voluntary Greenhouse Gas Mitigation and Carbon Sequestration Benefits: Webinar Recording
- March 25, 2021 – Quantifying Ecosystem Functions to Facilitate Wetland Monitoring and Assessment: Webinar Recording
- February 25, 2021 – Rangeland Analysis Platform: Integrating Production and Economics into Area-Wide Planning: Webinar Recording
- January 28, 2021 – Development of the Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework and Use by NRCS for Watershed Planning: Webinar Recording
- November 12, 2020 – Linking Ecosystem Service Values to Rangeland Practices in the Central Great Plains: Webinar Recording
- October 22, 2020 – Quantifying Conservation Effects on Multiple Wetland Ecosystem Services: Understanding Tradeoffs is the Name of the Game: Webinar Recording
- September 24, 2020 – The 2017 National Resources Inventory 5-year Release, 35 Years of National Resources Monitoring: Webinar Recording
- August 27, 2020 – Conservation Outcomes of NRCS’s Working Lands for Wildlife in Eastern Forests: Webinar Recording
- July 23, 2020 – Quantifying Restoration Outcomes in Frequent-Fire Forests: Webinar Recording
- June 25, 2020 – Tillage Management and Structural Conservation Practices: CEAP II Report on Changes in Adoption Rates: Webinar Recording
- May 28, 2020 – Measuring and Understanding the Effects of Conservation within Watersheds: Webinar Recording
- April 23, 2020 – Conservation Outcomes on America’s Western Grazing Lands with NRCS’s Working Lands for Wildlife: Webinar Recording
Natural Resources Communication Specialist
Natural Resources Communication Specialist